At the festival, you probably picked up a flyer about our proposed anthology, Herrings,
but have you submitted a poem?
Herrings is meant to record and reflect the gathering - the shoal of poets and poetry lovers - that came to the inaugural festival 4-6 November 2016. We intend to publish this record of the first ever Poetry In Aldeburgh in April 2017, with readings planned in Cambridge, London and Aldeburgh.
Herrings will be the first poetry publication under the new imprint, Blue Door Press
100% of profits from sale of the book will go towards Poetry In Aldeburgh 2017.
We’re delighted that many of you have already submitted a poem for the anthology
but if you haven't be sure to do so by 31 January 2017
We aim to publish all poems that are submitted.
All you need to know is listed below:
1. Submission is open ONLY to poets, aged 16 or over, who performed at or attended Poetry in Aldeburgh 2016.
2. Please submit ONE poem only
3. All poems must have a title and must not exceed 30 lines in length (excluding title).
4. Submissions can be on any subject and can have been published, self-published, published on a website, broadcast or featured elsewhere.
5. All poems must be the original work of the credited poet. The copyright of all poems must reside with the author and will remain with the author.
6. Entries must be written in English.
7. All poets will be asked to provide a short biography and photo.
8. All poems must be submitted as attachments via Email to email@example.com with Herrings on the subject line. Entries will receive confirmation.
9. Attachments should be in Word doc, .txt or PDF format only. Any other format or by post will not be read or considered for publication.
10. The closing date for submissions is 31 January, 2017.
Blue Door Press was launched in 2016 and is an independent imprint for literary fiction, memoir and poetry.